- Lower risks of stroke, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, Alzheimer's disease and heart disease;
- Lower risks of certain types of cancer, eye diseases and digestive problems;
- Reduced risk of kidney stones and bone loss;
- Higher scores on cognitive tests;
- Higher antioxidant levels;
- Lower biomarkers for oxidative stress.
So yes, Mother was right all along. I bet Grandma also told you they were good for you! So eat them daily! Most adults should eat at least 5 serves from the vegetable group a day.
This post is part of the Friday Greens meme,
and also part of the Food Friday meme.