Friday 8 April 2016

FRIDAY GREENS #67 - CATERPILLAR

Welcome to this meme active every Friday. The theme is "Friday Greens" and you can post images, art, photos where the predominant colour is GREEN!

GREEN is the colour between blue and yellow in the spectrum; coloured like grass or emeralds.
Hippotion celerio, known as the Vine Hawk-Moth or Silver-striped Hawk-Moth, is a moth of the Sphingidae family. It is found in Africa and Central and Southern Asia and, as a migrant in Southern Europe and Australia.

Larvae may be green, yellowish green or even brown. They have a dark broken mid-dorsal line and a creamy dorso-lateral line from the fifth segment to the horn. The head is round, and usually a dull green colour. The larva has a horn which is usually long and straight. There is a large yellow and green eyespot on the third segment and a smaller one on the fourth segment. Larvae typically feed on the leaves of plants such as the grape vine, Cissus, Impatiens and the Arum lily.
Please add your own Friday Greens entries using the Linky tool below:

7 comments:

  1. Have a nice weekend, my dear blogfriend! P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And again I deleted. I will not llonger participate, it is so frustrating with my endless deletes.
      You find me at my bistro, there is also the way to all my activities. Thanky you for the good times and feel welcome at my linkies, whenever you want! P.

      Delete
  2. A beauty - unfortunately probably not useful. A very nice photo!

    Sorry Nick, my link suddenly appears three times. I do not know how this could happen. Can you two please delete.
    Thank you very much and have a nice Weekend.
    ZamJu

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sensational shot !
    Have a nice Weekend
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am not too fond of them, but since they belong in the ecosystem, I'll say c'est la vie:) It's a great capture though:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting every week! I know now how much work it can be:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a vibrant green character is this. Amazing macro.

    ReplyDelete