Sunday 27 August 2017

CINERARIA

Cineraria is now generally treated as a genus of about 50 species of flowering plants in the family Asteraceae, native to southern Africa. The genus includes herbaceous plants and small sub-shrubs. In the past, the genus was commonly viewed in a broader sense including a number of species from the Canary Islands and Madeira which are now transferred to the genus Pericallis, including the Florist's Cineraria (Pericallis x hybrida). The uses for Cineraria include topical application for the treatment of cataracts.

This post is part of the My Sunday Best meme,
and also part of the My Sunday Photo meme,
and also part of the Photo Sunday meme,
and also part of the Floral Friday Fotos meme.

4 comments:

  1. Love the colours. So vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty, I love the vibrant colour

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would be a lovely splash of colour in my garden, I love purple. #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete