Wednesday 4 December 2019

VIOLET CRUMBLE

Violet Crumble is an Australian chocolate bar made in Adelaide, South Australia by Robern Menz. The bar is a crumbly honeycomb toffee centre coated in compound chocolate. It is similar to the Crunchie made by British firm Cadbury. Its advertising slogan is "It's the way it shatters that matters", and previously was "Nothing else matters". Aside from Australia, it is common in Hawaii and a selection of other places, such as Hong Kong and Mollie Stone's Markets in California. They can also be found in some import speciality stores such as Cost Plus World Market in the United States.

It was one of my favourite chocolate bars in my childhood here in Australia and occasionally I still manage to crunch through one of these, the nostalgia neatly enclosed in the violet and yellow shiny wrapper.

This post is part of the Wordless Wednesday meme,
and also part of the ABC Wednesday meme,
and also part of the My Corner of the World.

7 comments:

  1. I need one of those in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of that. Would be interesting to try.
    Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/12/headed-to-philadelphia.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This takes me back to childhood as well :) A treat given rarely because of the need for good dental care, but all the more exciting for its rarity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The things we learn! Even here in New Zealand, I haven't heard of it, but it sounds great. Nostalgia is awesome every once in a while.

    It's great to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that sounds like something I would really like. We have one in Canada called Wunderbar that has a chewy center covered in chocolate that I adore. - Margy

    ReplyDelete